spousal support

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Mental illness,My husband of 20 + years was finally diagnosed with, bi-polar mental disorders, after a very lengthy time of trying to figure out what our problem was, and many trips to the ER! WE FINALLY DID FIGURE IT OUT! A doctor in Dallas,Texas confirmed my suspicion! My husband was the sole, source of our income, I must admit, That whole ordeal was very frightening! to me. We lost our new home, help was nowhere to be found,Home stead Insurance disability was a joke! The pressures! I faced alone! No one! Helped me! 16 years later, I'm still struggling, financally! My husband was confined to a mental illness facility away from the state in which we lived,Being afraid of this disorder, and living separate from my husband, i would like to know if, I am able to receive some kind of spousal support. We are still married! and he is no longer in the facility! after 12+ years, I would still be afraid of living with him, Is there any help out there?

Charles (not verified)
Thu, 08/11/2016 - 18:51 Permalink

I was married in 2000. We also separated in 2000. We have been loving apart ever since. I thought we were divorced since 2000 because I signed papers. I've recently found out we are in fact still married against my choice. Do I still apply as married? How will this affect me??

Bryan

In reply to by Charles (not verified)

Mon, 08/15/2016 - 10:48 Permalink

Hi Charles,
If you're applying for SSDI, it may not affect your application. However, if you're applying for SSI, then it may change how your eligibility for benefits is calculated.

Add new comment

Find Out If I Qualify for Benefits!